Foodbuzz

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stuffed Tendli/ Bharli Tondli

0 Comments

Few years back, if anybody would have tried to convince me that Tendli (Ivy Gourd) can be turned into delicious curries & stir fries....I would have run away from that place!! May be bcoz, being a child, I never ate tondli (my mother failed to introduce this vegetable to me). I mean, I knew about it but just for the sake. Never ate it as a particular dish in my meal. But now the picture has completely changed....I simply love this scrumptious vegetable & have tried many different versions of it....every time I give it a try, the outcome is just amazing....

Stuffed Tendli (Ivy Gourd)/ Bharli Tondli

Serves: 2-3                Preparation Time: 10-15 mins                    Cooking Time: 10-15 mins

Ingredients:

15-20 small tendli (washed & dried with a cloth)

4-5 tbspn grated fresh coconut
3 tbspn sesame seed powder (roasted & then powdered)
3-4 tbspn groundnut powder (roasted & then powdered)
1/2 tbspn dhana (coriander seeds) pwd
1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds) pwd
1 tsp home made garam masala (adjust as per your spice level)
1/2 tbspn red chilli pwd
1/2 tbspn kashmiri red chilli pwd
1/2 tbspn grated jaggery
3-4 tbspn coriander leaves
salt as per taste

1 1/2 bowl water

Tempering:
4 tbspn oil 
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp asafoetida

Stuffed Tendli
Step 1: Mix well all the ingredients except water & those listed in 'Tempering'.
Step 2: Cut the sides of the tendlis & give a cross section at one end for filling. Fill them with the mix prepared in Step 1. 
Step 3: Heat oil. Add mustard seeds. As they splutter, add hing & haldi. Add stuffed tendlis & left over mix (if any). Mix well. Close with a lid for 2-3 mins. 
Step 4: Open the lid, add water. Let it cook till tendlis are well cooked & change their color.
Step 5: Check for desired consistency of curry else let it cook open without lid to achieve desired consistency. In my case, I prefer semi-thick curry. 
Step 6: Garnish with coriander & serve with rice/ chapatis. It goes as a party dish. Just yummyy!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Indian Cooking Blogs Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogsBlog DirectoryTopOfBlogs Food & Drink
barcelona spanien
Gita on FoodistaGita
CookEatShare Member
view my recipes
CookEatShare Member
Proud member of FoodBlogs All recipes are on Petitchef MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
my foodgawker gallery