Foodbuzz

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Mukhwas - Healthy Style

0 Comments

Few things just come to us from no-where! Actually they are supposed to be known to us....and that is how I got introduced to this Mukhwas during our recent trip to Daman and Silvassa. With thirsty throat when me and my son were waiting for my husband outside the Bom Jesus Church in Daman...He rushed to a nearby small stall to grab bottle of water. He returned and handed over the bottle to my son and few pouches named 'mukhwas' to me. Not being very fond of saunf or mukhwas unless it's the one made by my grandmother...I decided to slide those into my bag...just when he asked for one. As he ate it, he urged me to try. I opened a pouch and peeked into the ingredients. The brown Flax seeds grabbed my attention. As I poured it into my mouth....I could feel the crunchy sesame and ajwain/ carom seeds alongwith the flax seeds creating a magic in my mouth. Immediately I turned back to the pouch to check the ingredients. No saunf found to my surprise! Something new for my definition of 'mukhwas'! With limited number of pouches we had at hand...it was a hunt in Daman for more pouches including the place from where we bought it....No stock 😢 The cook in me took over deciding to make this on my return back home....Simplest ingredients readily available in pantry....But why didn't I ever think of combining them to this amazing healthy result to consume post lunch or dinner 🤔....Anyways here I am now with this simplest recipe with slight modification of adding coconut.... which would always stay in my cupboard rest of the years....




Ingredients:
1/2 cup flax seeds
3 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp ajwain/ carom seeds
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
Salt - as per taste
Sugar (powdered) - 1tsp

Heat pan and separately roast flax seeds, sesame seeds and ajwain on medium flame. You would feel the fragrance of each while it's ready to come out of pan. Set aside in a bowl.
Lastly add coconut with some salt. Roast slightly and add to bowl.


Add sugar. Mix everything well
Cool and store in an airtight jar.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Indian Cooking Blogs Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogsBlog DirectoryTopOfBlogs Food & Drink
barcelona spanien
Gita on FoodistaGita
CookEatShare Member
view my recipes
CookEatShare Member
Proud member of FoodBlogs All recipes are on Petitchef MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
my foodgawker gallery