Foodbuzz

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Healthy Idlis

0 Comments

I was never ever so much health conscious or diet conscious in my past life. But ever since I have become a Mom, I have always been keeping any eye on how do I provide the correct nutrition to my toddler, which is the most basic question all mothers face since they are all fussy eaters & above all its important to keep their interest in food sustained!! Along with him, we also get to enjoy all the nutritional & health benefits from the food ;)

Last Sunday, I prepared these Idlis for the breakfast which my little one enjoyed with tomato sauce (his favorite these days). They were so easy to prepare without much preparation in advance & will surely become a routine breakfast for us now!! 



Healthy Idlis

Serves: 3-4            Prep Time: 10 mns (excluding soaking time)       Cooking Time: 15-20 mns

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup rice
1/2 cup urad dal (black gram dal)
1 cup mix vegetables of your choice
(I used sweet corns, green peas, french beans, carrot, capsicum)
 few chopped coriander leaves
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped (adjust as per spice level)
2 tsp Eno fruit salt
salt as per taste
Oil for greasing the pan


Idli Batter

Before Steaming, added grated carrot in between just for fun!!

Step 1: Soak the rice & urad dal separately, overnight or approx 5-6 hrs.
Step 2: Drain the water completely & grind the dal & rice together.
Step 3: Transfer to a bowl. Add salt, chopped coriander & vegetables. Mix well.
Step 4: Grease the Idli moulds with oil. 
Step 5: Add Eno fruit salt. Mix well & you will find the bubbles appearing in the batter.
Step 6: Pour the batter in the moulds & steam the Idlis for 15-20 mins.
Step 7: Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Indian Cooking Blogs Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogsBlog DirectoryTopOfBlogs Food & Drink
barcelona spanien
Gita on FoodistaGita
CookEatShare Member
view my recipes
CookEatShare Member
Proud member of FoodBlogs All recipes are on Petitchef MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
my foodgawker gallery