Foodbuzz

Monday, February 28, 2011

Aloo-Methi Puris

0 Comments

On the last lazy Sunday, wanted to prepare something quick & still different from the regular preparations. Was really bored eating regular roti/chapati/phulka & thought of frying some Puris which are very rare in my house since Y does no prefer anything which is deep fried!! (I always wonder if he actually does not like them or he avoids it for me...he's my weight watcher ;)) But that was the day when I had made up my mind to just go for it!!

In my hostel days, I used to enjoy batata-puri in the mess.  They were mostly prepared on Sunday & we used to have a real heavy breakfast that day & used to sleep and directly wake up for 'feasty' lunch served specially on Sundays!! Lovely days!! These one's which I have prepared are still the same with slight variation of 'methi' but taste the same.



Aloo-Methi Puris

Serves: 3-4                  Preparation Time: 10-15 mins               Cooking Time: 10 mins

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour + more for rolling puris
2 large potatoes, boiled, peeled & mashed
3 tbspn crushed kasoori methi
2 tbspn sesame seeds
1/2 tsp ajwain
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tbspn red chilly pwd (adjust as per taste)
1/2 tsp haldi
1 tsp chaat masala (optional)
salt as per taste
oil for deep frying
water for kneading

Step 1: Mix all the above ingredients & knead into soft dough using very little water at a time.
Step 2: Set the dough aside for 10-15 mins. Till then heat oil in a kadhai.
Step 3: Prepare puris & deep fry in oil on medium heat. Place on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
Step 4: Serve 'garma-garam' with sauce or pickle.



Note: For rolling the puris, I rolled a big chapati & then cut the puris with the help of one katori. This reduces the rolling time & all puris are of the same size then :). You can also roll each puri separately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Indian Cooking Blogs Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogsBlog DirectoryTopOfBlogs Food & Drink
barcelona spanien
Gita on FoodistaGita
CookEatShare Member
view my recipes
CookEatShare Member
Proud member of FoodBlogs All recipes are on Petitchef MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
my foodgawker gallery